Monday, November 13, 2006

Candlelight party with Steve

The timer for Steve's aquarium stopped at 7:45pm.
Everything just went pitched black ever since.

I got home at 10:45pm and realized there isn't any light from any of the units.
The whole building was not lighted.
"Sht, I hope the lift is working."
"Damn, I don't wanna be alone in the house."
That came across my mind when I was standing by the road side, not knowing what to do.
I picked up the phone and called Steve.
"Kor, where are you? No electricity at home."
Steve was somewhere nearby getting his car washed.
"Faster get back, I'll wait for you in the car."
I was told to wait for another 15-30 minutes.
5 minutes gone... 15 minutes... 25 minutes.... then my phone rang!
Steve said "Karen, my car key is locked inside the car. They left my car key in there. Stupd. Come over and get me so I can get the spare key from home."
Shoot...! How horrible can things go in 1 day?

At 11:30pm...
Steve and I decided to stop by 7-11 to get candles and junk food...
"We're gonna have candlelight party!" says Steve.
Both of us stared at the aquarium... watching those poor fishy swimming around aimlessly... With Cottage Fries and my mini fan in our hands whilst waiting for the electricity to come back on...





Finally...
Electricity came back on at 12:45am...
Took them 5 hours to get it fixed?!??!
How efficient is that?!?


3 comments:

Mei said...

that mini fan thingy is quite cute ;)

Karen M said...

Yeahhhh...
I forced Darren to get it for me from Pasar Malam...
LOL

Anonymous said...

Huh, like tht also can!!!!