Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Those were the days.....

Was watching MJ's concert with my mom last weekend.
And mom started talking about those days when I was young.
She was saying "You were only 9 years old when you first stepped onto the stage."
Then only I found out that my mom actually rejected a DJ, who offered to know me and discuss some sort of deal on my singing career. Hah!
I was laughing and told mom "See... if you did not reject, those famous Malaysian Chinese singers would be calling me Ah Jie now..." Hahahaha!

I was telling Joey about it during our journey to LCCT last Monday.
So I have decided to hunt for the old photos and share it with her and Melissa to have a great laugh.
Thought of sharing a couple of it with all my friends here as well.
Hold on to your chairs, ok!




I think this was taken when I was 7 years old.
Guess where I am "standing"... Gave you a hint there... hahahaha!

Don't remember what occasion this was.
V for Van!

Standard 3 class picture with Puan Shamala.
Yeah... I still remember you Puan Shamala... I wish you well!

Musical performance @ school.

School sports day performance.
Ending pose. Haha!

This was much older. Standard 5 if I am not mistaken.
This was taken during one of our school trip to Pusat Sains Negara.
Notice my nametag colour?
I am from Yellow House!

School gymnastic squad.
I used to be the tallest in class.
Now you know why I stop growing taller. =(

This was my first show @ the age of 9.
I think they were worried that I will be scared so requested my cousin sister to duet with me.
My cousin sister can sing really well... if you know the late Theresa Tang, she sounds like her.

Of course they were wrong.
I totally love the stage and did my own show after that.
Hahaha!

Look at the dress.
Totally adorable and like a princess, hor?
I hate that dress!
Not comfortable at all.

No more princess looking Karen.
This should be at the age of 11.
If I am not mistaken, this was one of the MCA occasion in KL.
Mom designed that skirt and jacket. =)

I was singing a Vivian Chow's song that time.
I still remember that dance move.
Hahahaha!

We were taking some photos to promote my first and last album.
I officially retired at the age of 12.

I was trying to look for the lyric book that I used to carry around at school.
But I couldn't find it.
Not sure if it's still in one of the boxes when we move or we've left it at old house. =(
Wanted to show you how my sister used to translate those chinese songs for me.
That is basically my childhood.
It was kinda interesting and at the same time, I am a A-star student, ok?

2 comments:

Mei said...

Hahaha.... I see Yen Lan as well in one of the pics!
Sho cuteeeee you guys!

How are you btw?
You quit your job huh? What's next for you my dear?

Karen M said...

I will still be in the same industry... just going to the crazier side where all the planning and buying of TVC, Prints, Digital...etc are done for an advertiser... =)

But I am purely on Digital... that's my forte... =)

When are you coming back babe?