Friday, August 21, 2009

Suzi's Corner @ Jln. Ampang - Cheat My Money!


Darren's friend recommended this place called Suzi's Corner @ Jalan Ampang. We thought of trying it out yesterday for dinner as it was on our way to a friend's house. It looks more like a mamak by the roadside and the place was full of "ang moh". No wonder his friend recommended that place. Maybe she felt like home. She's an ang moh.

We ordered a "big" glass of watermelon juice. Noticed that I've emphasized on the word "big"?
The usual big glass of watermelon juice is about 22cm tall + 6cm wide (roughly). But this is approximately 17cm tall + 6cm wide. It is like 1/2 glass more of the usual small size.

This is not the end! Guess how much it cost....................
RM 8 !!

I almost faint! I couldn't believe it so I ask for the menu to double confirm. The menu stated RM 6 for a big glass. So I confronted the guy and he ask his "manager" about it. They were speaking in Tamil and I have no clue what sort of rubbish explanation they are trying to give me. The manager says "Sorry, we have increased the price but have not change the price on menu. Watermelon price increased so we have to increase it too." Nonsense! Not acceptable!

Their lamb chop isn't that bad and the price is reasonable. You can go there for the food but bring your own drink (if they don't stop you)!

No comments: