Sunday, September 13, 2009

Superbly Nice Spider Crab

I used to hate eating crab cause it is so messy and difficult to eat.
I thought my front teeth was strong enough and fight with the dead crab.
Ended up, one of my front tooth was chipped.
I've lost the battle to a dead crab.
No manners!
Now I know I am not supposed to use my front teeth to bite off the shell.
I was silly back then. Hehe!
Ever since then, I will not have crab for any dinner session unless someone remove all the shell for me.
So I've chosen crabstick instead. Haha!
Few years later.
Actually approximately 8 years of being a crab-free person, my bro brought folks and I to this place called Unique Seafood located at Petaling Jaya, nearby Jaya One to have spider crab.
It was fantastic and superbly easy to eat!
My bro left the country after that meal and I've wanted to go back there ever since.
But it was too expensive. I cannot afford it myself. =(

Bro got back last Friday and he called on Saturday afternoon saying "Carrom (yeah... that's how he calls me... Carrom instead of Karen... no manners!) today we go out dinner with folks and have spider crab".
My reaction to that statement was "Shyiats... promised sis that I will go to her house for BBQ leh..."
I was thinking really hard to please both side and my appetite also-lah of course.
I wanna have spider crab and at the same time, I can't FFK my sis.
Came up with a superb idea - go to my sis house in the afternoon (just to show face... it's my bro-in-law's session with his colleagues anyway) and ran off to have the long awaited spider crab!


This is how those guys look like before the chef chop them off, cook them and serve them on a plate for us to enjoy.
They are not that good looking-lah... looks like got skin disease or something...


But they taste damn good weh!
And so freaking easy to eat.
They will provide you with a scissor and you can basically use that to cut off the shell.
Imagine that!

I was too busy digging in after the above was served.
So I did not take anymore picture. Haha!
Try it out yourself and you'll love it, I assure you.

1 comment:

Mei said...

YUMMMMMM~!